Cycling on The Collegeway
Public Information Centre — November 16th to November 27th.
- Materials will be available Monday, November 16th, 2020.
The City of Mississauga has initiated a study to plan for cycling facilities on The Collegeway between Winston Churchill Boulevard and Mississauga Road. Within the study area, The Collegeway is a 4-lane road with sidewalks on both sides.
- The study will review best practices for cycling facilities implementation, identify and evaluate design alternatives based on the potential impacts to the surrounding environments and select the most preferred design alternative.
- Members of the public and stakeholders are invited to provide input.
- Subsequent to the planning phase, the project will proceed to detailed design and implementation. Construction timing will be subject to funding availability and priorities.
- The City intends to resurface the Collegeway between Winston Churchill Boulevard and Mississauga Road, providing opportunity to implement a cycling facility at the same time.
- The City’s Cycling Master Plan (2018) identifies The Collegeway as a candidate for a cycling facility.
- The study will consider the City’s planning principle to build a multi-modal city, which will support a successful, vibrant and active community with a reliance on a range of transportation modes including walking, cycling, transit and vehicles.
YOU ARE INVITED
- An open house was held Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at The Salvation Army Erin Mills on The Collegeway. Members of the public were able to meet the project team, review the study background, existing conditions, problems and opportunities, preliminary design concepts, and next steps in the study. Two formal presentations were held during the open house, the first at 3:30 p.m. and the second at 7:00 p.m.
- Public input will be used to confirm the preferred design alternative for The Collegeway.
Missed the Open House?
- Click on the link below to view the presentation
If you have any questions about this study, please send us an email at email@example.com or contact one of the project team members below:
Matthew Sweet, BA, CET
Manager, Active Transportation
City of Mississauga Transportation & Works Department
201 City Centre Drive, Suite 800
Mississauga ON L5B 2T4
Phone: 905-615-3200 Ext. 4026
Katherine Jim, M.Eng., P.Eng.
Consultant Project Manager
610 Chartwell Road, Suite 300
Oakville ON L6J 4A9